Help decide how our funds are invested in the community by joining our Community Investment Team!
United Way of Central Louisiana
2016 Community Investment Team Member
Volunteer Information and Profile Form
Position: Member, Community Investment Team
Basic requirements: This volunteer position requires the ability to understand and assess agency programs. Members of the Community Investment Team may recommend improvements to funded agencies. Time requirements include:
- Volunteer Training: Up to 90 minutes in June (your choice of one of two sessions)
- July meeting: The first visit will be a structured visit with the entire Team to all the agencies reviewed. (approx. 4 hours).
- August meeting: Review group agency visits. Volunteers will be matched with agencies during this meeting to revisit. (approx. 1-2 hours)
- Visits to agencies: Between August and the end of September, each volunteer is expected to visit one or more agencies. Each visit will probably require about one hour. The total time depends on the number of agencies chosen. Theses visits are conducted at the volunteer’s convenience or set up with the agency ahead of time (1 hour)
- October meeting: Team meets to report on summer visits and form questions (3 – 4 hours)
- November meeting: Team meets with funded programs in its portfolio (2 – 3 hours)
- December meeting: Team meets to finalize 2017 funding recommendations (1 – 2 hours)
- Total time required: 14 to 18 hours between June and December
Ethical issues: Members of the Community Investment Team must be able to represent community interests fairly and impartially. To that end, members must not currently serve on the Board of Directors for an agency whose program they review. They may volunteer for funded agencies in other capacities, but members must communicate their involvement to other members of the team and to United Way.
Outcomes for which this position is responsible:
- United Way of Central Louisiana will be able to assure the community that funded programs are effective in helping their clients or participants achieve their stated goals.
- Programs or agencies in need of help receive recommendations and guidance as appropriate.
- Funding is appropriate to community needs.
Community Investment Team