Help decide how our funds are invested in the community by joining our Community Investment Team!
United Way of Central Louisiana
2018 Community Investment Team Member
Volunteer Information and Profile Form
Position: Member, Community Investment Team
Basic requirements: This volunteer position requires the ability to understand and assess agency programs. Members of the Community Investment Team may recommend improvements to funded agencies. Time requirements include:
- Volunteer Training: Up to 120 minutes Wednesday, June 20th
Volunteers will receive agency profiles for 2019 funding.
Discussion will include:
- New agencies applying
- Any changes with currently funded programs
- Agencies that require a follow up or visit
- July meeting: Wednesday, July 18th
- August meeting: Wednesday, August 22nd
- Total time required: 6 to 10 hours between June and August
Ethical issues: Members of the Community Investment Team must be able to represent community interests fairly and impartially. To that end, members must not currently serve on the Board of Directors for an agency whose program they review. They may volunteer for funded agencies in other capacities, but members must communicate their involvement to other members of the team and to United Way.
Outcomes for which this position is responsible:
- United Way of Central Louisiana will be able to assure the community that funded programs are effective in helping their clients or participants achieve their stated goals.
- Programs or agencies in need of help receive recommendations and guidance as appropriate.
- Funding is appropriate to community needs.
Community Investment Team