United Way 211, a free, confidential service of United Way of Central Louisiana, is your Convenient Community Connection to information and resources.
United Way 211’s trained, experienced staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year…even holidays.
- Information: Simple requests for information like phone numbers, addresses, hours of operation, etc.
- Referrals: 211 staff will assess your needs to connect you to appropriate, available services
- Advocacy: 211 can communicate on behalf of callers to ensure that they receive services
- Crisis: 211 specialists can help deescalate crisis situations and provide warm connections to crisis counselors
- Language Translation Calls: Non-English speakers can be helped using telephone translators, available for more than 150 languages
Here are just a few of the topics callers contact United Way 211 about:
- Basic Needs (food, clothing, housing)
- Consumer Information
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Criminal & Legal Services
- Environmental & Public Health/Safety
- Health Care
- Income Support & Employment
- Individual & Family Life
- Leisure Activities & Recreation
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
- Organizational & Community Services
Check out our Directory of Services. This resource will provide fast access to a database of community services in order to provide information about issues such as food, shelter, clothing, abuse/neglect prevention and protection, rent/utility assistance, elderly services, disease support groups, counseling, education, children/youth services, and much more.