Without knowledge or opportunity, many American families remain stuck in the vicious cycle of living paycheck to paycheck with little to no hope of a better future. Our Building Stronger Families program provides knowledge and opportunity for a financially stable future.
- Connect families to resources
- Build families financial stability
About Building Stronger Families
Building Stronger Families provides equal opportunity to build skills in the areas of financial stability, education, and health. This new instructional program, offered by United Way of Central Louisiana, is ten skill building courses that meets every other Thursday and shares guidance, instruction, and resources so families can grow and become financially empowered. Our classes are made possible through our partnership with the Alexandria Housing Authority and 13 community based partners. The goal of the Stronger Families program is to provide a hand up in the areas in which your family wants to see improvement. Maybe you want your children to be better prepared to enter school, get a degree, save money, or buy a home- this program helps families build the skills that help them be successful.
A Unique Model
The following key components make Building Stronger Families unique and ensure success:
- Scheduled Training Program - 10 skill-building courses that cover multiple topics
- Financial Incentive and Savings Match - Families move closer to having their emergency fund
- Success Coaching - A success coach is assigned to each family to coach bi-weekly